Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

Thoughts on Obama in Cairo

I am proud to be represented by Barack Hussein Obama as an American.  This guy gave a excellent speech! A few noteworthy points"

1. What had me lol was how he was sooo cool and collected with Arabic terms.  At the beginning of the speech he's like, "oh thank you, Shukran, Shukran".  LOL! He sounds just like a Muslim.  (Not to deny his faith)...but what other president has pronounced "Qur'an" instead of "Koran" (go back and listen!).

2. I like how he noted the history of Islam to the World and to America.  And of course Congressman's Ellison's use of the Holy Qur'an to be sworn in.  I like how he noted the quote:
In signing the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796, our second President John Adams wrote, "The United States has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Muslims."
3.  Did he just quote THREE ayah from the Qur'an in one speech??  Yes. He did.

4. "...America is not - and never will be - at war with Islam."

5. I like how he was very frank and truthful about the tensions between Islam and America and Israel and Palastine.  It should make people almost feel embrassed about their actions.
But if we see this conflict only from one side or the other, then we will be blind to the truth: the only resolution is for the aspirations of both sides to be met through two states, where Israelis and Palestinians each live in peace and security.
6. Oh and I LOVE how he sited the struggle of Blacks in America to pursue peace. 
...Violence is a dead end. It is a sign of neither courage nor power to shoot rockets at sleeping children, or to blow up old women on a bus. That is not how moral authority is claimed; that is how it is surrendered.
7. What American president sends PEACE upon the Prophets?

8. I like how he numbered his issues.






1 comments:

Esoteric Prose said...

I <3 me some Obama....mashaAllah. He just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the future. I read a few articles about his speech before viewing it and was amazed at his use of ayat from the Qur'an. I pray his example inspires others to come to Islam inshaAllah, Ameen! :)

Post a Comment

ShareThis